Fleming Tech – 3D Game Design featuring Fortnite and Portal 2
Camp at a Glance
If you like 3D-based video games then this camp is for you! Portal 2 is a puzzle-platform style game that challenges you to use your wits to solve complex problems. Fortnite is a fast paced E-Sports adventure game and one of the most popular games on the market today. At camp you’ll compete in daily Fortnite battles and use the game as inspiration to design your own 3D adventures. To build your adventure, you will use 3D game engine design tools and Portal 2 to create an adventure that features intricate labyrinths, puzzles, and traps. All skill levels are welcome.
- Introduction to 3D FPS design principles
- Review of the Portal 2 game design tools
- Developing 3D worlds, puzzles and problems
- Explore and build 3D game worlds
- Build a Rube Goldberg Machine (RGM)
- Build a Parkour (Jumping and Falling) Map
- Including the first three levels (the day one test, RGM & Parkour), by the last day of class, campers should have built at least 8 game levels in the Test Chamber.
- Each level should contain no less then 4 types of interactive objects
|Weeks||Full Day Times|
|6/17 – 6/21||9am – 4:30pm|