Fleming Tech – Game Design & Roller Coaster Science
Camp at a Glance
The camp day is divided into two topics: Game Design & Roller Coaster Science. In the Game Design portion of camp, students learn the basics of video game development, and design games by hand with Bloxels and tablets. In the Roller Coaster Science portion, campers work with instructors to learn the basic engineering behind roller coasters and use K’Nex to build models that demonstrate how roller coasters work.
- Gain the ability to define and explain examples of kinetic and potential energy, and centripetal force
- Work in groups to build a working roller coaster model with K’NEX
- Explore and build Platform Games
- Build your own Video Game with BLOXELS
- The Physics of roller coaster design – kinetic and potential energy, and centripetal force
- Build scale models of roller coasters
- Introduction to 2D Game Design principles
- Review of Platform Gaming
|6/24 – 6/28||9:00 a.m. – 4:30 p.m.|
*Before and After Care is available.
Lunch is included.
Drop Off/Pick Up Location
What to Expect
With a variety of engaging technology programs, Fleming Tech Camps unleashes your child’s creativity and problem solving prowess, and builds skills and a passion for technology that will last a lifetime.