Fleming Tech – Science of Roller Coasters & Minecraft
Camp at a Glance
Amusement Parks are filled with lots of heart pounding fun, as well as multiple opportunities to learn about science and engineering. In this exciting camp, learn about the physics of roller coasters while exploring kinetic and potential energy, and centripetal force. At camp, you’ll build and test physical and “virtual” roller coaster models. Using various computer programs, including Minecraft, you will create virtual roller coasters, build scale models with K’NEX, and experience the thrill of the turns, loops, and drops! The camp day is divided into 3 periods. Two thirds of the day is spent working on science and engineering of roller coasters and approximately one third of the day is dedicated to working with Minecraft. No prior experience is necessary! All skill levels are welcome.
- The Physics of roller coaster design: kinetic and potential energy, and centripetal force
- Build scale models of roller coasters with K’NEX
- Create virtual roller coasters: work with computer simulation software and Minecraft on roller coaster designs
- Gain the ability to define and explain examples of kinetic and potential energy, and centripetal force
- As a team, build a working roller coaster model with K’NEX
- Explore the real-world effects of physics on a roller coaster using Rollercoaster Simulation Software
- Using Minecraft build the ultimate roller coaster
|8/12 – 8/16||9:00 a.m. – 4:30 p.m.|
Lunch is included.
Drop Off/Pick Up Location
What to Pack
- A water bottle
- Fleming Tech Camps are designed to provide kids with hands-on experiences with computers, VR, drones, robots, 3D printers, and other cool tech that encourages an interest in science, technology, computing, and engineering.
What to Expect
With a variety of engaging technology programs, Fleming Tech Camps unleashes your child’s creativity and problem solving prowess, and builds skills and a passion for technology that will last a lifetime.