Fleming Tech – Virtual Reality: Designing 3D Worlds
Camp at a Glance
Have you ever imagined actually having the ability to walk in the shoes of your favorite character from a movie or video game? Have you ever wanted to walk on an alien planet, or fly above the clouds like a bird? With virtual reality, you can do all of this and more. In this camp, the adventurous and courageous will explore VR and dive into this amazing and immersive experience. Explore strange new worlds, learn how to navigate through virtual space and even design your own virtual objects.
- Design a 3D fly through in Sketch Up
- Have the campers know the difference between Mobile VR, Home/Work VR and augmented reality
- Provide a significant amount of time to each camper to explore 3D space and know how to explain how to navigate in it
- Build a building in Minecraft VR
- Have campers build 3D models within either the Oculus 3D art program or Vive Tilt Brush application
- 3D design with Sketch Up
- Navigating 3D Space
- Exploring what is possible with VR
- Mobile VR vs. Home VR vs. Augmented Reality
- Discussing the role of VR in industry – how it could reshape everything
- Explore Minecraft VR
- Building 3D objects in VR
|8/19 – 8/23||9:00 a.m. – 4:30 p.m.|
*Before and After Care is available.
Lunch is included.
Drop Off/Pick Up Location
What to Pack
- A water bottle
- Fleming Tech Camps are designed to provide kids with hands-on experiences with computers, VR, drones, robots, 3D printers, and other cool tech that encourages an interest in science, technology, computing, and engineering.
What to Expect
With a variety of engaging technology programs, Fleming Tech Camps unleashes your child’s creativity and problem solving prowess, and builds skills and a passion for technology that will last a lifetime.