Mega V Day Camp – Virtual
Camp at a Glance
Beginning on June 15, Mr. Vanasse and a counselor(s) staff will open Mega V Day Camp with a remote version of its popular program. Daily sessions are being offered Monday through Friday at 9:00am-11:00am (for rising grades 3-4) and 1:00pm -3:00pm (for rising grades 5-7). Note that the morning and afternoon sessions will be similar. (Campers may not be in both sessions.)
Mega V will incorporate FUN and FITNESS while fostering FRIENDSHIPS through a variety of creative experiences including: movement and exercise routines, virtual games, projects, challenges, team competitions and more.
Campers can expect to play many of Mega V’s favorite games on an easy to use google-meets platform. Here’s a sample morning session: 9:00 am Fun fitness warm up activity
9:20 am Project time
9:40 am Virtual games including Mega Bingo, Scavenger hunts, “Name that Tune” etc.
10:10 am Mega V Ball League (Yes, Mega V Ball is now a board game!)
10:45 am Fitness themed camp challenge
11:00 am Camp day ends
Campers will win fun prizes that will be delivered to their doorstep!
Campers will need three at-home locations: (no bedrooms please) and a few supplies. The list may be updated:
1. Indoor desk space
2. Indoor exercise space away from furniture
3. Outdoor exercise space (blanket/mat on grass is best)
4. One sheet of poster board and a few sheets of card stock
5. Washable markers, pencil, ruler, safety scissors, scotch tape
6. Pair of dice
7. 30 coins (all pennies are fine)
8. 4 tennis balls or similar size/weight
9. Jump rope
10. Deck of playing cards
11. Variety of sports cards
|Weeks||Rising Grades 3-4||Rising Grades 5-7|
|Jun 15 – 19||9:00 a.m. – 11:00 a.m.||1:00 p.m. – 3:00 p.m.|
|Jun 22 – 26||9:00 a.m. – 11:00 a.m.||1:00 p.m. – 3:00 p.m.|
|Jun 29 – Jul 2||9:00 a.m. – 11:00 a.m.||1:00 p.m. – 3:00 p.m.|
|Jul 6 – 10||9:00 a.m. – 11:00 a.m.||1:00 p.m. – 3:00 p.m.|
|Jul 13 – 17||9:00 a.m. – 11:00 a.m.||1:00 p.m. – 3:00 p.m.|
|Jul 20 – 24||9:00 a.m. – 11:00 a.m.||1:00 p.m. – 3:00 p.m.|
|Jul 27 – 31||9:00 a.m. – 11:00 a.m.||1:00 p.m. – 3:00 p.m.|
- This camp is run by Certified Athletic Administrator and current Pingry Middle School Athletic Director, Gerry Vanasse, who has over 25 years of summer camp experience.
- Staff also includes Pingry Lower School Art Teacher, Mr. Russell Christian, and Pingry alumnus Nikki Vanasse ’20.