Robotics 101: Fundamentals of Robotics using Lego Mindstorms EV3 (Zatna/Short Hills)
This course is designed for campers with no robotics experience, and will use Lego Mindstorms EV3 robots to give an introduction to robotics. Campers will get hands-on experience with structurally-sound building techniques, different types of sensors and motors, and some basic robotics programming using the EV3 software.
- Gear trains
- Servo motors
- Touch sensors
- Ultrasonic sensors
- Light sensors
- Sound sensors
- Design Planning & Reviews
- Design Tradeoffs
- Programming from the Brick
- Intro to Mindstorms EV3 Software
- Understanding of how different components work
- How to build structurally sound robots
- Ability to program robots
- Inspired future work
|June 15 – 19||1:00 p.m. – 4:30 p.m.||Short Hills|
|July 27 – 31||1:00 p.m. – 4:30 p.m.||Basking Ridge|
Lunch is included.
- This camp is accredited by the American Camp Association!
What to Pack
- A water bottle